Friday, October 21, 2011

Time To Do Some Changes

Yesterday, I arrived home at 7 pm and went to bed about an hour after. Almost everyday I had the same pattern, arrived home a bit late then sleeping like a baby. At 12.30am I found my consciousness, checked my blackberry, read several emails, notifications and messages. Replied to some and just let some unreplied. Still dealing with the fact that I've lost my cell-phone, though. :(

In the middle of replying an e-mail from my friend, something strike my mind eventually. I wasn't in a good mood all day and I was thinking too much (well, yes, I'm a melancholic). I think about what I'm doing in life right now. Everything seems so easy and going well for me. Have a job, make money by my own self, hang out with my friends once in a while, being close to family, friends, and my loved ones, being loved by many people, doesn't have any problems with anyone around me, etc. I'm not rich or in a top of my career yet but to be honest I'm happy and comfortable with what I'm doing now. Bottom line the word "comfortable".

But..

Oh wait, DAMN, Eci!! You shouldn't let your self comfortable, not now in a very young age! Not now when you still have all the choices in the world! I slapped my self and let my eyes wide opened. You gotta suffer once again!

So, I went out of my bedroom and saw my father sleeping in front of TV at our living room. I tiptoed to my parents' bedroom where my mom sleep tightly. I didn't want to wake her up so I just laid there beside her. I played with my blackberry for about 10 minutes until my Mom feel my existence in her side. She woke up and asked me why I've waken up too early. I just mumbled vaguely.

Then I asked her this question, "Ma, how if I quit my job?".

With her eyes barely open she answered, "um, why?".

I replied, "I want to go back to college. If I still couldn't found a way to go abroad, may you just let me continue my study here? You know, at Jakarta or Bandung or maybe Jogja or any place in Indonesia where there is a good FIKOM. If you could afford my tuition fee, then along with studying I will work my ass off to make money for my living expenses, books, etc. Maybe I can opted for a weekend class and working at weekdays there."

Mom touched my cheeks and said, "Well, just find any information of how much it cost then we'll talk about it again, ok?".

I smiled and told her, "I'll ask my friends ASAP, thanks Ma!" then I left to my bedroom.

Nah, that's it. I think I have to force my self to leave this comfort zone and being a student again. Leaving this town to stay in another place for the first time in my life and feel new experiences. Even if I know that it will be hard in the terms of adaptation, cost, etc. But if there's a will, there's a way.

Like my friend said: ya, saya kaleng. Yes, I can. :D

Last, enjoy these moving videos. Credit to Kak Tito for the Nutrilon video and Bang Citra who linked me to STA Travel Australia video from his facebook.





Cheers.
Happy friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment